It was just back in March that we got the iOS 5.1 release, and now a new maintenance update has just appeared on Apple's servers.
This new firmware for the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad models carries a 9B206 build number, and it also includes many bug fixes. The good news is that the bug fix for the irritating network switching issue with the iPad 3 is also included in this new firmware.
Minor AirPlay issues have also been looked at and an improvement to the reliability of the HDR photography taken using the lock screen shortcut has been made. This update also ends the syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List issues.
iOS 5.1.1 Improvements and Bug Fixes:
- Improves the reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed even after a successful purchase.
|iOS 5.1.1 Update ScreanShoot|
You can also go to the Settings app present on the device that you have and then selecting 'Software Update' present in the General Section.
Download iOS 5.1.1 — Direct links
- iPad 3 (wifi): 5.1.1, 5.1
- iPad 3 (GSM): 5.1.1, 5.1
- iPad 3 (CDMA): 5.1.1, 5.1
- iPad 2: 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPad 2 (GSM): 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPad 2 (CDMA): 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPad 1: 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPhone 4S: 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1 (build 9A406), 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPhone 4 (GSM): 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPhone 4 (CDMA): 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
- iPhone 3GS: 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0
If you are worried about keeping your untethered jailbreak, then you shouldn't update.
Leave us your thoughts!