Few minuts ago MuscleNerd has tweeted a complete information about iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak with Absinhe V2.
Now, he confirms that it's very probably that we can see the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak for a few days. He also wrote a quick sheet with details for the upcoming tools.
iPod 3G and iPhone 3GS owners need to read this specific note:
|MuscleNerd 5.1.1 Untethered Status|
Pod2G has updated his blog — repeating the MuscleNerd's Status:
Some facts about the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak
I won't rephrase him, so here are the contents of the file at the time of writing :
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: paypal* Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
In addition, what is your best jailbreak tool? RedSn0w, Absinthe, or CLI ?