However, Gevey Ultra S can be used to unlock iPhone 4S Baseband 2.0.12 on iOS 5.1.1. Now we have another unlock news — Ultrasn0w fixer can unlock iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1.1.
If you need to unlock your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 but want to update to iOS 5.1.1, you can install the ultrasn0w fixer for the latest iOS 5.1.1 firmware by reading this guide.
To Unlock iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1.1 You Need to Know:
- The iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 must have a preserved baseband and must be jailbroken. You can build a custom firmware with the same tool or jailbreak it using the latest redsn0w version.
- To Download UltraSn0w Fixer 5.1.1 (Deb files) click here.
|Ultrasn0w Fixer Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1|
Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 5.1.1 Supported Basebands:
- iPhone 4 — 01.59.00 Baseband
- iPhone 3GS — 04.26.08 Baseband
- iPhone 3GS — 05.11.07 Baseband
- iPhone 3GS — 05.12.01 Baseband
- iPhone 3GS — 05.13.04 Baseband
- iPhone 3GS — 06.15.00 Baseband
Unlock iPhone 4 / 3GS on iOS 5.1 with Ultrasn0w Fixer:
- Step 1: You need to Download DiskAid for Mac or i-FunBox for Windows.
- Step 2: Open one of them and go to /private/var/root/Media
- Step 3: Create a folder called Cydia inside the Media folder.
- Step 4: Now inside the Cydia folder, create an AutoInstall folder. The name of the folder is case-sensitive so be sure to same it correctly. Here is what it should look like: /private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
- Step 5: Now open downloaded (UltraSn0w-FIXER-iOS-5.1.1.rar) file and extract ultrasn0w_1.2.5.deb, com.zmaster.ultrasn0wfixer_1.0_iphoneos-arm.deb and mobilesubstrate_0.9.3997_iphoneos-arm.deb to AutoInstall folder.
- Step 6: Reboot the iPhone, you should know its currently boot tethered! So open redsn0w -> Extras -> Just Boot.