Since a Redsn0w tool is available for downgrading A5 devices, a lot more users will be searching for a simple solution to jailbreak untethered their downgraded devices.
Even though the Absinthe untethered jailbreak software still works, RedSn0w can be easy to use.
Consequently we’ve provide you a easy guide to jailbreak untethered your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 using latest RedSn0w 0.9.11b2.
Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4S downgraded from iOS 5.1 to 5.0.1
Read also: Jailbreak iOS 6 iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS
Note: Your device must be downgraded to iOS 5.0.1 to use this guide. You can downgrade to iOS 5.0.1 with Redsn0w — following our downgrading video guide.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S / iPad 2 with RedSn0w 0.9.11b2
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 to your pc and run RedSn0w 0.9.11b2.
- Step 2: Now simply click jailbreak, and you should see an info screen.
- Step 3: In your iPhone, you will see a new profile screen. Click Install -> Install Now -> Next (without password).
- Step 4: You'll see new window through RedSn0w, now enable the VPN option in Settings and your untethered jailbreak will be activated.
- Step 5: If you notice VPN problems, it may be ignored. Now your A5 device will reboot, and when it powers up you will see Cydia installed.
Have you tried out this method to get untethered jailbreak on your A5 device?