Mac users are comforted by claims of safe operating system, which is why there’s little market for software that claims to improve Mac OS X. But MacPaw, OS X Development Company, felt that system maintenance utility needs to be improved, which is why the company has updated CleanMyMac, a multi-function app. The company has a great reputation and has released other useful apps like Hider and Gemini.
Now they’ve introduced CleanMyMac 3 - The best cleaner app for Mac. Here’s a detailed review of whether it’s worth your time or not:
CleanMyMac 3 Review - Features
We’re diving features into two parts: Functions and Cleaning.
1. Functions - It offers the following functions:
- Maintenance: Users can run a number of manual and scheduled tasks, such as reindexing Spotlight and rebuilding Launch Services.
- Extensions: shows a list of installed widgets, plugins and extensions. Users can remove any of these.
- Shredder: Permanently delete files and folders. Need careful cause.
- Uninstaller: Removes application binaries as well as associated files.
2. Cleaning - It offers the following features:
- iPhoto Junk: Empties iPhotos and removes previously edited images.
- System Junk: Eliminates system caches and logs, the PowerPC code of universal binaries, and unwanted OS X localization files.
- iTunes Junk: Eliminates locally downloaded apps as well as firmware updates (old) and backups (old).
- Mail Attachments: Removes local copies of mail attachments present on the mail server.
- Trash Bins: Cleans the trash bins on Mac, including iPhoto trash, Mail trash, and app-specific bins.
- Smart Cleanup: This uses a “safety database” = a list of defined rules that highlight if any system file was removed in order to avoid mistakes when deleting data. Users get alerts if any data is identified as important.
- Old and large files: Identify unwanted files that take up space and then free up the primary drive of the Mac by removing clutter.
What is the usage of this software?
Users start cleaning by tapping the “scan” button to detect data. Then all information is presented for review, along with storage space taken up. Users can see the file’s location via Finder.
For functions, options vary by different tasks. The Uninstaller shows the list of installed software, and then users can click on any of them to see associated files and their location. There’s also the Maintenance option, which lists common things, such as rebuilding the Mail database or flushing DNS cache, and users simply tick mark the box of each task they’d like to run.
The features and options are easy to grasp, and the software includes several tips and descriptions of how to use each feature and tips in detail.
Note of warning: Users should be careful when using this tool. While it does a great job at protecting system files, users should still be careful. This is not an app where neglectful act would give you a second chance.
Those who’re not tech savvy to use apps like Terminal can utilize this app to free up storage space and free up the drive from unwanted files. People who own CleanMyMac 2 and CleanMyMac can upgrade at a 50 percent discount, and those who bought the second version after March 7, 2015 can upgrade for free. The app is 45 MB in size and requires OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or above.
Download CleanMyMac 3
The CleanMyMac 3 App can be downloaded on your Mac and installed with a few clicks. You can go to this direct link to Download CleanMyMac 3.