IPSW links (final) have been made available for iOS 10. People who own iPod touch 6-gen, iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 6s 6, 7, and 7 Plus can download it. The final build is now available to worldwide iDevice owners.
iOS 10 is the latest major update by Apple for all iDevices. It brings several features to the world’s most popular and secure platform for mobile devices. You can read about the full set of features as well as what’s new in iOS 10 in a separate post.
iOS 10 Compatibility List
Here's a list of the devices that are compatible with iOS 10:
Note Before Download: Before you proceed with installation of iOS 10, it’s important to create a backup, as it is the silver bullet recommendation before installing any major update, iOS 10 included. You can create a backup using iTunes/iCloud. It’s important to take this step because you can always bring back the old setup in case something goes wrong.
Once you are done with the pre-requisite, follow these steps to update your device to the latest iOS 10.
Steps to Download and Install iOS 10 - OTA Update
The OTA update method is the fastest and easiest. However, it could take up unneeded disk space, as some unwanted files are downloaded from the old OS.
- On the device, go to Settings – General – Software Update.
- Wait for the device to look for OTA Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” once the update is discovered.
Steps to Download and Update to iOS 10 – Clean Install
This is the best method to proceed with a major upgrade to avoid performance issues or battery drainage.
- Download latest iTunes version on your Mac/PC.
- Download iOS 10 IPSW file for your device. See download links at the end of the post.
- Go to Settings – iCloud – Find My iPhone and switch off the feature.
- Connect the iDevice to the PC with a lightning/USB cable.
- Open iTunes, choose your device as seen in the image.
- Mac users need to hold “Alt”, Windows users need to hold “Shift”, and then select “Restore iPhone”. Then select the IPSW file as pointed out by iTunes. Make sure you have a backup as your device will be wiped completely.
Download iOS 10 IPSW file for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
The official iOS 10 IPSW firmware file for your iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5S, 5C, 5, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini (4,3,2) or iPod touch 6G can be downloaded from our downloads section.
After the installation completes, your iDevice will reboot and you’ll be able to enjoy the freshly installed iOS 10.