In case you have encountered the common problem of iBooks application crash after you used the iOS 5.0.1 untether jailbreak.
It`s normal and there is an easy fix for it.
Actually this problem isn’t new. It was introduced by Apple a while ago to fight jailbreaking.
Fix iBooks crash manually:
iH8Sn0w noted on Twitter that this might break iTunes syncing.
Follow the steps in this tutorial and fix.
Step 1: Download this file.
Step 2: SSH into your iPhone and drop the file in /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. If this folder doesn’t exist, just create it. [How to SSH on the iPhone below]
- Download Cyberduck. (Windows beta version here)
- In jailbroken iDevice, open ‘Cydia.app’ then search for ‘OpenSSH’.
- Install it, and jump back on your computer.
- Open Cyberduck application
- Click the ‘Open Connection’ button.
- In the server field type your iDevice’s IP address. This can be found by launching your ‘Settings.app’, selecting ‘Wi-Fi’, and selecting the blue arrow next to your wireless network. You should now see your IP address.
- Select the ‘SFTP’ option in the drop down menu above where you just typed in your IP address.
- In the Username field type in ‘root’. In the Password field type ‘alpine’. Click connect! You are now looking at the file system underneath Apple’s iOS!
Step 3: Reboot your iPhone.