Very good news for anyone who wait for upcoming untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.x — it will be out in the next 2 weeks?
Popular Dev Team member known as Pod2g today has published an FAQ — responding to several of the most important questions that he’s received from his followers.
Answered Questions About iOS 5.1.1 / 5.1 Untethered Jailbreak from Pod2g’s blog:
- The poll about releasing now or waiting for 6.0 ended with a 64% / 33% to release ASAP. Where is the link ? ETA ? How much % done ? etc.
- As I said earlier in twitter, there’s still a lot to do to have a user friendly and well tested tool to install the jailbreak on end users devices. Expect a release in a couple of weeks.
- Will it be compatible with my <any random iOS device> ?
- It will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except iPod 3G, iPhone 3Gs and ATV3 (right now, may change in a near future, nobody knows).
- Why is it so slow to release now that the iPad 3,1 has been demoed ?
- There are 16 different devices out there to work on and to test. It takes time.
- May I be a beta tester ?
- No, sorry. Only really trusted people (that can be counted on one hand) could have access to the jailbreak. I don’t want any leak to happen.
- What if I offer you 1,000,000$ ?
That doesn’t change a thing.
Be patient, it’s gonna happen.See you my friends.