Currently, GEVEY Ultra doesn’t unlock baseband 4.11.08 “officially”. Even Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 software unlock supports old basebands only.
But skilled modder mcbaron15 have fixed and released a modified version of the FuriousMod SIM unlock utility which works well with GEVEY SIM on iOS 5.0.1 to unlock an iPhone 4.
Developers over Applenberry are working hard on an “official” FuriousMod update for iOS 5.01 with preserve baseband 4.10.01, however.
Unlock 04.11.08 iOS 5.0.1 using GEVEY SIM and FuriousMod
Step-1: You need to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on latest firmware iOS 5.0.1 using redsn0w or Corona 5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak.
[Update-1]: Skip Step 2 and Step 3 to install FuriousMod. Squuiid has now uploaded the mcbaron15′s modified version of fmod.deb file to its repo. Add http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuiid/ to your Cydia Sources to install it.
Step-2: Now you need to download modified FuriousMod deb file from here. After unpacking you’ll notice its just the furious mod deb from the repository with all references to commcenter changed to commcenter classic, like it should be in iOS 5.
Step 3: Use iFile to install FuriousMod deb file. Incase you are unaware how to install .deb files follow the simple steps below:
- SSH into your iPhone
- Navigate to var/root/media
- Add folder Cydia
- In that new folder add folder AutoInstall
- Put FuriousMod deb file (downloaded in Step 2) in the AutoInstallfolder and restart your iPhone
Step 4: Follow the Gevey Ultra SIM’s steps. If you have an older Gevey SIM, follow the sub-steps below, after you reboot your iPhone:
- Wait for the SIM Welcome menu to show and then select accept
- At the begining a no service message will show on your iPhone. Don’t do anything and wait until you see one signal bar appears on the top left corner.
- After you see the signal bar you dial 112 and hang-up within 2 seconds.
- Turn on the Airplane Mode and then turn off right away. Your iPhone will show SIM Failure and then No SIM Card Installed
- Until the No SIM Card Installed message shows up turn on the Airplane Mode againand turn it off right away again. The SIM Failure message will show and the signal will show up after a few seconds.
Read also: Unlock your AT&T iPhone
Your iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 IPSW should now be unlocked! Thanks mcbaron15!