There are a lot of wonderful GBA games out there even though the hand-held gaming device hasn’t been manufactured in years now. But that shouldn’t stop you from playing GBA games. Here you will learn how to install the GBA emulator on iOS 12.1.3, 12, 11.4.1, 12, 11.3.1, 11.2.6 – 11, 10.3.3, 9.3.5 – 8.1, 7.1.2 firmware or below without having to jailbreak your iPhone!
How to Install GBA Emulator on iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XS MAX, SE, 6S, 5s, 4S
While emulators could function on the iPhone before, Apple patched the date loop trick in the latest iOS firmware. Apple did it because the loop in question could be used to infect devices with harmful malware. The tutorial below will allow you to install GBA4iOS the GBA emulator and enjoy your favorite old games. Keep in mind that the process works better on any iDevice above the iPhone 4S. Also make sure you have a connection to the internet before proceeding further.
Here are the steps you need to perform in order to install the GBA4iOS emulator on your iPhone 8, X, 7, 6S, 6, 5S, SE, 5C, 5 or 4S running iOS 11, 12 or newer iOS version:
- The first thing you need to do is go to iemulators.com/gba4ios from your device. The word ‘GBA’ needs to be in uppercase letters.
- If this link does not work for you, you can download it from AppValley
- If you will be asked a password. Enter ‘agothro’.
- You’re going to see a lot of Chinese. If you don’t know how to read Chinese don’t worry about it and just tap the purple button you see.
- The installation will start without directing you to your home screen.
- Once the installation is complete feel free to download the roms you want and play the games you enjoy on your iPhone.
After you install the GBA Emulator app on your iPhone – the next steps is to install your favorite GBA ROMs. You can easily download ROMs and play your favorite GBA games on your iDevice.
All you need to do is to use the built-in browser, search for your favorite GBA game (Pokemon, Boktai, Mario, WarioLand, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, etc) and download your favorite GBA games in your GBA emulator app. After you download the game, you can run it and play GBA games on your iPhone or iPad.
There’s a chance that the above method might not continue working. If such an event occurs, there’s another way you can still play GBA games, however, your device will need to be jailbroken on iOS 11 or older version for it to work.
Alternate Method to Install GBA Emulator (Jailbreak)
- Add http://repo.hackyouriphone.org/ as a source in Cydia.
- Search for ‘GBA4iOS’ and simply install it.
- Download the roms you want after installation and play!
So there you have it! Two ways you can install the GBA emulator and play some cool games on your iPhone.
Update #1: We have tested the GBA emulator with iOS 12.1.3, 12, 11.4.1, 11.3.1, 11.2.6, 11.2.5, 11.2.1 – 11, 10.3.3, 10.2.1, 10.2 / 10 – 9.3.5 and it worked fine. Just follow the same steps to install GBA emulator on your iPhone.