In this post, we’ll show you how to carry out a jailbreak on iOS 12.1.2, iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 and iOS 12 and then get Cydia on your iDevice. Before proceeding with the process, it’s crucial to know that the jailbreak functions on all devices that come with the A11 chip of Apple, meaning that iDevices up to iPhone X can be jailbroken butt iPhone XR, XS and XS Max along with the iPad Pro’s of 2018 can’t be jailbroken yet (even though the support is coming soon). Also remember, the jailbreak can be done on iOS 12.1.2 and iOS 12 only.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 12.1.2 – 12.0 With Unc0ver & Install Cydia
Here are the steps to jailbreak your iOS 12.1.2 – 12.0 device with Unc0ver:
Note: If you are running iOS 12, go directly to Step 2. If not, upgrade or downgrade the supportive iPad or iPhone to iOS 12.1.1 b3 which is still being signed by Apple.
1) Download the new unc0ver 3.0.0 b28 IPA from this link.
2) Download Cydia Impactor for your PC or Mac – Latest version
3) Make sure the Find My iPhone is switched off and there’s no over-the-air update to be installed in Settings > Store area (delete it if there is), and the passcode is switched off on the device. Once that’s done, link the iPad or iPhone to your PC.
4) Now leverage Cydia Impactor for installing the jailbreak IPA for unc0ver on your iDevice. If you’re not familiar with Cydia Impactor, follow the steps here or use it for IPAs sideloading.
5) After the sideloading has been done for unc0ver IPA, on the handset, go to Settings – General – Device Management and ensure the profile has been marked as trusted for the unc0ver app sideloading.
6) After that’s done, go to the Home screen and open the unc0ver application. Now press the “jailbreak” button and be patient until the jailbreak process completes.
7) After the jailbreak finishes, the device is going to respring. After that’s done, Cydia will appear on your Home screen. If the Cydia doesn’t appear, launch the application for unc0ver and carry out the jailbreak process again. Keep doing this until Cydia appears on your handset.
That’s it. You can start Cydia and take benefit of the jailbreak. Know that after all the recent releases of the jailbreak, this is also semi-untethered which means you’ll have to place the device in “jailbreak” mode ater each reboot.
Another important thing to know is that the unc0ver app needs to be resideloaded and resigned after every 7 days as the Apple ID certificate which was used to sideload using Cydia Impactor can only last for 7 days.
Enjoy your iOS 12-12.1.2 jailbreak today.