In an era experiencing rapid technological advances and a lifestyle so fast, turning on your MacBook just to check an email is fast becoming obsolete. According to reports, 40% of all Mail opens happen from an iOS device. Though the unveiling of iOS 10 contributed towards making the overall Mail experience better, users still reported some problems. Below are solutions to issues, such as ‘Mail app disappeared from iPhone’ and others, which were reported repeatedly by the iPhone community.
Mail App Disappeared from iPhone? How to bring back deleted Mail App on iOS
iPhone users with an iOS 10 reported that the Mail app disappeared from iPhone. If this has also happened to you, you’d be glad to know that your Mail app is not extinct and can be brought back very easily. The iOS 10 added the ability to delete stock apps and you must have accidentally enabled the feature and deleted the app.
Here’s how can reinstall the Mail app and recover other stock apps:
- Open App Store and tap on the search icon.
- Type Mail and look for the Mail app.
- Tap on the cloud icon to download.
- To avoid any additional issues, go to Settings, Mail and in Accounts delete and reinstall all of the email accounts.
In addition iOS 10 users reporting that the Mail app disappeared from iPhone, users with older OS or iPhones asked the Apple community on how to bring back All Inboxes Mailbox if they’ve been accidentally deleted. If this has happened to you, do not panic as there is a way to bring them back.
- Open Mail app.
- Go to Mailbox view and click on Edit.
- You will now see a list of all inboxes, click on the circle next to All Inboxes to enable.
- To make sure your inboxes are enabled check for a blue circle next to them.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
After that, open the Inbox folder and refresh it to get your new emails. Your emails now should be inside the Inbox folder.
Apple has tried to make the Mail app better by introducing options such as list unsubscribe, auto-scaling emails and the revival of video in email in the iOS 10 but sometimes users find themselves in tricky situations like these. Hope the above tips help get your Mail app up and running again!