Many Apple users must be aware by now that iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error is prevalent if you the iPhone in question has been reset in the past and used for a long time. The error isn’t something to worry about as it is a software update error that almost every user has been seeing.
Since the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error has become so widespread it may help if you temporarily disable all antivirus software and firewalls and re-enable them once the update completes. Luckily, there is now software and methods to get out of the iPhone’s recovery mode without causing data loss.
If error 1671 or iTunes error 39 appear that means the important software is being downloaded. However, when downloading other apps or software the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error will reappear. To fix this update iTunes to 12.6.1 or later.
In addition to this, iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone can also take place when updating existing software or restoring iPhone using iTunes. It happens when running an old OS and means it is impossible to download any other apps.
iTunes Is Currently Downloading Software for the iPhone Fix
When using iTunes to backup, sync or restore your Apple device, you run the risk of facing issues like iTunes Errors 14/50/39 and 54. Updating either your device OS or iTunes to the latest available version leads to Errors 45 and 39. We have certain solutions you can try to fix iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone issues.
Reasons that the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error keeps appearing can include:
- Activating Recovery Mode to solve the iTunes is downloading software for the iPhone issue.
- A Jailbreak attempt gone wrong.
- Trying to update to the latest OS.
- Network connection time out.
- Cannot connect to iTunes Store.
- iTunes Error 9808 or variations of iTunes Error 3259.
- A problem downloading software.
In addition, if an iPhone is stuck in recovery mode all data and settings are deleted. Usually to unstuck an iPhone iTunes restore is the way to go but this will only work if you have a backup. So if you have backup started restoring data the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error will appear.
Your iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode? Try This Fix
Apple releases new updates to improve existing products and fix bugs. Updates can be installed over existing software and don’t need re-installation or un-installation. However, during new software installation, the user may get the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error. If your iPhone stuck in recovery mode, we recommend you to use ReiBoot tool to get your device out of the recovery mode.
Fix there was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone
Updating OS has become much easier than it was earlier. Now, to update all one has to do is go to General -> Software Update -> Install Update. After that, you will get a prompt to update and selecting Update results in the Update Requested message.
You may also issues when charging your Apple device. So, to put an end to these issues keep your iOS updated as this will help save you from any inconvenience as well as keep your device in top shape.
Solution 1: Restore Old Backup
Fix iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone using Restore. Remember that using this method will cause all data and settings to be trashed, instead of recovering to your last backup.
- Press the home button and connect the device to your PC with iTunes running.
- You should see a message pop up saying iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
- Go to the device on the main toolbar and then to Summary tab.
- Select Restore.
- Follow the instructions to backup your iPhone.
- Restore the device to its previous settings.
Solution 2: Network Settings Reset
A solid stable internet connection is important when updating iOS. If your WiFi isn’t stable then there is a very large probability that your iPhone will get the iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error. One option left is to turn the current network off and connect it to a stable internet connection.
Solution 3: Restore Your iPhone Using iTunes
- Run iTunes from your PC or Mac.
- Connect the iPhone to the PC and select it from the toolbar, or from the sidebar for older versions.
- Make sure the device is backed up before clicking the Back Up Now button.
- Download any of the latest iOS firmware you wish to install on the device.
- Once the firmware ipsw you would like to restore to is downloaded, press the Shift key and restore the iPhone.
- Open firmware ipsw file from wherever it is stored on your hard drive.
- iTunes will give a prompt for if you want the device restored to factory settings. Click restore to continue (remember this erases all media and other data).
- Go Next -> Agree.
- Now, if required iTunes will start downloading the new firmware.
- After extraction of the firmware, the installation will start.
- Once the installation is complete iTunes will give a notification and the iPhone will be rebooted.
- Click OK.
- Now, you have the option to either ‘Setup as a new iPhone’ or ‘Restore from this backup’.
- Make your choice. If you choose restore from backup it is possible to use the dropdown from previous backups.
- Click continue and congratulations, your iPhone is recovered and should be working perfectly now.
Read Next: How to fix a Bricked iPhone
The very irritating iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error can now be solved using the afore mentioned solutions. However, it is important to make sure that you have the latest iOS version running. The simple way to do this is to connect it to the computer. If there is any room to update follow the prompts and it will. Remember that if one of these solutions proves ineffective move onto the next one, one of these methods is sure to work for your device.