If you are Windows user, you will be able right now to download Absinthe 2.0 in order to do an untethered jailbreak in your iOS device operating iOS 5.1.1.
This procedure is actually pretty much a similar as it had been for Mac users, beside a couple of minor details such as run Absinthe as administrator, and the actual self extracting zip file.
Outside of this, if you do follow the actions from the Mac tutorial, you ought to be fine to make use of our Windows tutorial in the same manner.
Full dedicated guide for jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 device on Windows Using Absinthe 2.0.1
Untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak on Windows Using Absinthe V2.0 — Step by Step
- Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0.1 for Windows
- Step 2: Extract the downloaded file, and right click the absinthe-win-2.0.exe icon and select the option Run as Administrator. This first file is a self-extracting *zip file. Once you finish this step, a new folder is will be created on your desktop called absinthe-win-2.0 that will contain all the necessary files for ios 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
- Step 3: Navigate to absinthe-win-2.0 folder, Right click on the absinthe.exe, And choose Run as Administrator.
- Step 4: Now Link your Untethered Jailbreak eligible iOS 5.1.1 device, and verify if Absinthe recognizes your supported iDevice.
- Step 5: When your device will be recognized, click on the jailbreak button on Absinthe v2.0. You should notice a progress bar appear on the absinthe interface.
- Step 6: Now your device will look as if it’s performing the restore, this is absolutely normal process.
- Step 7: When the device has finished the “restore“, you will see the Cydia icon in the Home screen display.
- Step 8: Once that Absinthe 2.0 reports the process has ended, you are free to close Absinthe and disconnect ypur untethered jailbroken device.
- Step 9: Finally, run Cydia and allow it manage itself. Now your device is jailbroken untethered running latest iOS 5.1.1 firmware!
Were you in a position to successfully jailbreak your own iOS 5.1.1 device on Windows? Tell us how you managed within the comments section below.