It’s here people. Absinthe 2.0 is available publically and now iOS 5.1.1 can be jailbroken untethered. The new tool is compatible with devices such as the iPad 3, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G etc.
There’s a Mac, Windows and Linux versions of Absinthe 2.0 available for download. Check inside the final compatibility list for the new tool — Absinthe V2 Untethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak Supported and Unsupported devices:
How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered with Absinthe 2.0
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered with Absinthe 2.0
- Step 1: Backup your device using iTunes. To do this, right click on the device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and press ‘Back Up’.
- Step 2: Once the backup is complete, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings for a faster process.
- Step 3: Start Absinthe 2.0 and make sure you’re still connected to the computer through a USB cable.
- Step 4: Tap jailbreak and wait. Make sure not to disconnect.
- Step 5: After being able to jailbreak, go to iTunes and restore the backup from earlier. Right click on the device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and choose ‘Restore from Back Up’ then choose the latest backup create before (restoring the backup will return all the content previously on the device such as apps, photos etc.)
Absinthe 2.0 iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Supported devices:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wifi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wifi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- Apple TV 2
Absinthe 2.0 Unsupported devices:
Note: iPad 2, 4 support will arrive later. Share this Post and Enjoy your new untethered jailbreak.