On Tuesday, Apple officially introduced iOS 12.1.3 – a small update to its OS with a range of bug fixes. Though there are no outward facing upgrades in this software update, it does solve a number of bugs and issues across the HomePod and iOS ecosystem including the following:
Apple Seeds iOS 12.1.3 with new iPad, iPhone HomePod Bug Issue Fixes
- A solution for a bug that lead to strange artifacts appearing on pictures sent through Share Sheet.
- Bug fixes for a problem related to Messages. It has an affect on photo scrolling in “Details.”
- Also, there’s a patch for bug that lead to CarPlay systems being disconnected randomly from iPhone XS Max, XS and XR devices
Additionally, iOS 12.1.3 addresses 2018 iPad Pro bugs that resulted in audio distortion when people made use of external input audio devices. Previously, this bug was spotted in the beta versions of iOS 12.1.2, but has been delayed to the latest release due to the iPhone-exclusitivity of previous updates.
Two HomePod bug fixes are also present in the iOS software update. iOS 12.1.3 addresses a matter that might make HomePod restart as well as a problem that might make Siri stop listening. Additionally, there’s a good chance that iOS 12.1.3 contains a range of fixes and security patches. More details can be found on security for various releases of Apple through different contents.
Abnormalities in Previous Updates
The latest update of the software follows the introduction of iOS 12.1.2, which was released ahead of schedule to address things that were infringing on patents of Qualcomm in China. Itself, iOS 12.1.2 was a random update. It was released after a single beta version and two the software update’s two builds were released for no particular reason. The last iOS 12.1.2 release was also limited to iPhones. Interestingly, iOS 12.1.3 first version was labeled as a second beta, as most of its content was similar to iOS 12.1.2.
But with this new release of iOS 12.13, the iOS schedule seems to have returned to normal.
Where to Download iOS 12.1.3 From?
iOS 12.1.3 should be now available as an OTA (over the air) download. You can update your firmware from iOS 12.1.1 if you’re using iPad, and iOS 12.12 if you’re using an iPhone. Find it in Settings – General – Software Update.
You can also download the IPSW files from the links below:
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone XS Max
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone XS
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone XR
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone X
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone 8 and iPhone 7
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone SE and iPhone 5s
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6 Plus
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd-Generation)
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad 5 and iPad 6
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad Pro 12.9 (1st-Generation)
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPad Air and iPad mini 2
- iOS 12.1.3 IPSW for iPod touch
Did you updated to iOS 12.1.3? Do you liked it? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.