Apple has released the final version of the update iOS 8.1. The new update can be installed on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. To synchronize the gadget is running a new operating system with a computer will need iTunes 12, available for Windows and Mac.
iOS 8.1 firmware is a significant software upgrade with a lot of innovations in the user interface and functions.
Key changes in iOS 8.1 are support payment service Apple Pay and tighter print integration with the new desktop platform OS X Yosemite.
iOS 8.1 returns to the place of “Camera Roll”, which strangely disappeared from the “G”: This function allows you to view all the pictures, and not just those that have been made over the past 30 days. Apparently, Apple thought it was a wrong decision and returned the lost collection of photographs in the new version.
In addition, iOS 8.1 beta version enables cloud service Mediatheque iCloud, responsible for the storage of photos and video from all connected devices in one place. The system gained the ability to disable dictation screen keyboard, icons, widgets became larger, change the icon iBooks. According to numerous requests from users, Apple returned to switch networks 2G, 3G and LTE.
iOS 8.1 Release Notes:
- Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)
- Photos includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos
- Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages to not be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging
- Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
- Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
- Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
- Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G or LTE networks for cellular data
- Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
- Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, separate from Siri
- Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background
- Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on a tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards and Braille displays with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
Download iOS 8.1
To install iOS 8.1, you need to go on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad in Settings -> General -> Software Update or download the iOS 8.1 update on the links at the end of the article and using iTunes.
Official links to Download iOS 8.1 IPSW for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad:
Download it from our downloads section page.
Jailbreak IOS 8.1
After you download & install the new iOS 8.1 firmware you can download the pangu 8 jailbreak tool to jailbreak it. To download the iOS 8.1 jailbreak tool go to our downloads section.
Unlock your Device running iOS 8.1
If you update to iOS 8.1 & have a locked device, we can unlock it. Recently we posted a full guide on how you can unlock iOS 8.1 devices.
Did you updated your device to iOS 8.1? Answer us in the comments below.