We’re all left surprised by the release of Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.0.2 – 9.0, which is the first jailbreak for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users as well as iOS 9. This post will teach you how to use the Pangu jailbreak to install Cydia on IOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 or iOS 9.0.2 firmware.
But there are some important things you need to know:
Note: The jailbreak is only doable by Windows users. So Mac users need to install Windows through a virtual machine. You can learn this by reading our tutorial on how to perform jailbreak on Mac OS X through a virtual machine.
- The Pangu9 jailbreak can be performed on iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2
- The following devices are supported: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2.
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini.
- iPod touch 6G, iPod touch 5G.
- This is an untethered jailbreak.
- Back up all your information using iTunes or iCloud. While the jailbreak is said to work well for most users, just create a backup on the safe side.
- Deactivate any firewalls or antivirus software that prevents the jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
Steps to Use Pangu 9 Jailbreak to Jailbreak iOS iOS 9.0.2 – 9.0
Here are the steps you need to follow to jailbreak your device:
Step 1: Download the latest version of Pangu jailbreak tool.
Step 2: Use the USB cable to connect the iDevice to your PC.
Step 3: Activate the Airplane mode. Deactivate Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode and switch off Find by iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone .
Step 4: Launch application in “Administrator” mode. Right click “pangu exe” and choose the option “Run as Administrator”.
Step 5: Pangu will take some time to detect the device. Click the blue “Start” button once that is done.
Step 6: Select “Already Backup” to continue.
Step 7: Now you will have the WWDC app and the Pangu app on your iDevice.
Step 8: Next, your device will reboot, and ask you to activate Airplane mode again after the device reboots.
Step 9: At 75 percent, you will be asked to unlock your device, and run “Pangu”. Then you can launch the Pangu app from Home screen.
Step 10: Next, tap on “Accept” to grant access to Photos app. Select “Allow” when prompted.
Step 11: Wait for the progress bar to complete. The device will reboot.
Step 12: Once the process completes, the tool will tell you that the device is “already jailbroken”. Cydia will appear on the home screen.
Here’s the video of how to Jailbreak iOS 9.0.2
Now you can install jailbreak tweaks & apps. Try installing a fresh (DFU mode) iOS 9.0.2 version from iTunes if the jailbreak didn’t work.