The developers of the project SiriPort, whose goal is to transfer the voice assistant Siri on the iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, released an update for iOS 5.1.1. compatibility.
The package is called Siriport for iOS 5.1 — available for free download in Cydia. This tweak allows you to get Siri on your iPhone 4 / 3GS, iPod touch and iPad on the iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
The package is designed for devices that are running iOS 5.1.1 firmware, installation guide on the Siri for iOS 5.0.1 is available here. In addition to the issue of compatibility updates, the developers have made several bux fixes and changes to the proxy server for voice requests, to work faster and more stable.
List of supported devices:
- iPhone 4 (GSM / CDMA)
- iPod touch 4G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
|iPhone 4 running Siri on iOS 5.1.1 / 6.0.1|
How to install Siri on iPhone 4 / 3GS / iPod touch and iPad running iOS 5.1.1 firmware:
- Step 1: Jailbreak your device. To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered you can use Absinthe, or Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4.
- Step 2: Open Cydia and add the following repository: http://repo.siriport.ru
- Step 3: Install Siriport.
- Step 4: Reboot your iOS 5.1.1 device.
- Step 5: Open your mobile Safari and click on this link http://siriport.ru/siriport_ru_original.pem.
- Step 6: Verify the certificate installation.
- Step 7: Reboot your device.
- Step 8: Start Siri and say "Hi Siri".
|Install Sisiport iOS 5.1.1|
|Install Siriport from Cydia on iOS 5.1.1|
|Install Siri certificate|
Following the performed steps finally you'll have successfully installed Siri on your iOS 5.1.1 iDevice. In the event you encounter an error or have a problem feel free to ask in the comment section below.