Interested iOS developers can test the new iOS 8.2 beta 5 that has been released. The new update comes under the build 12D5480a and apparently Apple hasn’t made a lot of changes.
Many of you might already know that the previous iOS 8.2 beta 4 build was released quite some time ago. The good news is that users who don’t have a registered developers account and UDID can also update!
Download & install the new iOS 8.2 beta 5
Downloading the new build is very easy because there are direct links to get the IPSW file on to your computer. Once you have the file you can manually install the build through iTunes. Before you start keep in mind that Apple doesn’t recommend doing this. Make sure you have a backup copy of your iDevice before following the tutorial.
- Simply download the IPSW file for the model you use by selecting a link from the list below.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer through a USB cable.
- When you have a connection, launch iTunes. Remember to create a backup.
- You will need to ‘Restore’ by holding Shift and clicking the left mouse button on Windows. This will manually point to the official iOS 8.1.2 file which might be signed by Apple.
- Set your gadget as a new device after ‘Restore’.
- Click ‘Shift’ and the left mouse button at once for Windows or ‘Option’ plus the left mouse button on Mac ad then choose ‘Check for Updates’ in iTunes. This will point to the new iOS 8.2 beta 5.
- You will have to patient as the new beta 5 build is installed on your iDevice without you needing to have a UDID and developers account.
- Download the ipsw file by following the link meant for the iPhone model you use.
Download iOS 8.2 Beta 5 Direct Links
Navigate to the downloads page to get the latest ipsw.