There are a lot of wonderful GBA games out there even though the hand-held gaming device hasn’t been manufactured in years now. But that shouldn’t stop you from playing GBA games. Here you will learn how to install the GBA emulator on iOS 10.2, 10.1.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0.2, 8.4.1, 8.4, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1, 7.1.2 firmware or below without having to jailbreak your iPhone!
How to Install GBA Emulator on iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 7, SE, 6S, 5s, 4S, 4
While emulators could function on the iPhone before, Apple patched the date loop trick in the latest iOS firmware. Apple did it because the loop in question could be used to infect devices with harmful malware. The tutorial below will allow you to install GBA4iOS the GBA emulator and enjoy your favorite old games. Keep in mind that the process works better on any iDevice above the iPhone 4S. Also make sure you have a connection to the internet before proceeding further.
- The first thing you need to do is go to iemulators.com/gba4ios from your device. The word ‘GBA’ needs to be in uppercase letters.
- If this link do not work for you, you can download from here: http://iemulators.com/gba4ios.
- You will be asked a password. Enter ‘agothro’.
- You’re going to see a lot of Chinese. If you don’t know how to read Chinese don’t worry about it and just tap the purple button you see.
- Installation will start without directing you to your home screen.
- Once installation is complete feel free to download the roms you want and play the games you enjoy on your iPhone.
There’s a chance that the above method might not continue working. If such an event occurs, there’s another way you can still play GBA games, however, your device will need to be jailbroken on iOS 8.4 or iOS 9.0.2 for it to work.
Alternate Method to Install GBA Emulator
- Add http://repo.hackyouriphone.org/ as a source in Cydia.
- Search for ‘GBA4iOS’ and simply install it.
- Download the roms you want after installation and play!
So there you have it! Two ways you can install the GBA emulator and play some cool games on your iPhone.
Update #1: We have tested the GBA emulator with iOS 10.2 / 10.1.1 / 9.3.2 / 9.3.3 & 10 beta, 9.2 / 9.1 / 9.0.2 and it worked fine. Just follow the same steps to install GBA emulator on your iPhone.