Are you someone who wants to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 after installing the new firmware on your iPad or iPhone? The TaiG jailbreak has been created by a Chinese team of hackers and it supports this iOS version.
TaiG jailbreak 8.1.2 is at the moment he only way to perform untether jailbreak on your iDevice. Please note that if you want to perform the jailbreak on Mac, you have 2 available options.
The first is that you can wait for the hackers to make their tool officially compatible with the OS X platform, which can happen during the holiday season or at the start of the next early. Or you can install Windows virtual machine on your Mac and use the following guide for Windows on your OS X system. It’s up to you what you want to do.
So are you geared up for the main process that will bring the Cydia icon on your home screen? Here are the steps that will install Cydia and open up a world of opportunities and customization options on your phone.
iOS 8.1.2 Jailbreak Using TaiG tool – Video
Using TaiG to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2
If your device is running iOS 8.1.2, then you can follow these steps. Everything is easy to do but remember to take your own risk while following the procedure:
- Back up the iDevice by using iTunes or iCloud.
- Switch off the Windows firewall and antivirus programs. These can be activated again after the procedure is done.
- Download the TaiG jailbreak tool from our download section.
- Connect the iOS device to the computer by using a USB cable.
- Disable Find my iPhone and Passcode by going to Settings on your device.
- Run TaiG jailbreak.exe with administrator privilege.
- When the program opens, uncheck the box saying TaiG App Store. If the program displays Chinese symbols it is available in the store under Cydia 1.1.16 words.
- Press the big green colored button to start the jailbreak.
- See the progress and wait for your device to reboot. This will happen after the jailbreak process is complete.
- Once the device restarts Cydia will be present.
And that’s it, you’re jailbroken on iOS 8.1.2 and have Cydia.