Apple has released iOS 9.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The software comes with brand new Emoji emoticons, improved Live Photos and other bug fixes. One of the most notable additions to iOS 9.1 are the 150 new Emoji, including smiley middle finger and many other characters.
One of the major improvements in iOS 9.1 for iPhone 6s users is the ability to handle the live photos. In a footnote to release iOS 9.1 download is said that the live pictures now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, and will not record these movements that may spoil the live photos.
iOS 9.1 Release notes
This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
- Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
- Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search
- Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
- Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
- Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users
- Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
- Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
- Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
- Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message
- Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iOS 9.1 Jailbreak Status
Fans of the jailbreak should stay away from this update if they want to keep their jailbreak or the ability to do it. The iOS 9.1 jailbreak is not released yet. Wait for official update.
iOS 9.1 Compatibility
iOS 9.1 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- 4, iPad mini, iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini (iPad mini 2), iPad mini
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
Update to iOS 9.1 from your device
iOS 9.1 update is available over the air. You can check for updates to the menu Settings> General> Software Update. If you do not receive the update over the air (OTA), you can download iOS 9.1 IPSW file for your iOS device from the links below. To find the model number, check the back cover of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Download iOS 9.1 IPSW fro iTunes Restore
To download iOS 9.1 ISPW file, please navigate to our downloads section page. After you download the iPSW file, you need to update using Shift + Update option for Windows or Alt + Update for mac.