The health app not working or not counting steps on your iPhone? We are here to help you to resolve this issue. Latest iPhones come equipped with a motion coprocessor and health app, which could collect some fitness data up to certain point. Step count is a feature that is done by the Health app, and an iPhone user can check the dashboard to know how many steps they have taken on a specific day. People who need to walk or run a lot in order to track calorie burn and fitness tracking. This feature is supported on the 5th generation iOS devices and onwards; e.g. the iPhone 5s and above and iPod Touch 5th generation and above.
The motion coprocessor alongside the CPU helps a lot collecting the steps data. However, the count might stop due to unknown reason. If it’s a hardware issue, the motion coprocessor might be responsible but in most cases, it’s a software issue. Mistuned iOS settings can lead up to the dashboard not recording and showing step count appropriately, and here are few ways an iOS user might be able to solve them.
Fix Health App Not Working on iPhone 6 6+ 6S 6S+ SE 5S
One possibility for the Health data not being recorded, Health app not counting steps or Health app not working issue could be the mistuned settings inside Privacy. Maybe the user isn’t aware of the settings in there, and the mistake could lead towards malfunctioning dashboard. This should be the first step while attempting to fix the Health app on an iPhone. To fix it, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Privacy.
- While you are inside, locate Motion and Fitness.
- Tap on it, the Motion and Fitness settings will open.
- Inside, there should be two toggle switches – Fitness Tracking and Health. Apparently, the Health switch is turned off which the user needs to turn on in order to see their daily progress in the Health app dashboard.
As the corresponding settings are now activated, check whether the app is working by walking around your home little bit. Every step should count now and appear on the dashboard. If the iPhone health App not working again, please try the next method to resolve the issue.
Alternative Method to Fix Health App Not Working on iPhone
If everything’s fine inside the Motion and Fitness settings, then something else might be wrong. Maybe the data is being collected, but it’s not appearing on the dashboard. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the Health app instead of opening the Settings App.
- When you are inside, tap on Health Data and located Fitness, tap on it.
- Tap on Walking + Running Distance, and on the next screen toggle Show on Dashboard switch on.
- Once this button is turned on, the dashboard would show stuff like steps count, your body measurements, hours of sleep, vitals you take, nutrition information etc.
If the Health App not working again on your iPhone, please try to exit the Health app and open it again. If still not resolved, move to the next solution.
Still the iPhone Health App Not Working?
Above methods should certainly resolve any ongoing issues that you have with the Health app. If not, chances are the Motion Coprocessor CPU isn’t working or the data generated can’t be collected by the software for any reason. Since it’s a more complicated issue, you should visit an authorized Apple Support nearby. If your phone is jailbroken, check whether any other app is blocking the Health app.
Conclusion: No other issue has been reported to occur to the Health app so far. Hopefully, following the steps mentioned above has resolved the step count issues for you.